Start Harp – Have you always wanted to learn to play the harp?
On the 14th of January 2016, harpist Shelley Fairplay is launching a beta test for the brand new harp course “START HARP”. Start harp is an online computer based harp class for complete beginners which enable students to access tuition from their own home. The course content is provided via with teaching videos, downloadable written materials, playalong practice videos, live webinars and homework submission.
Start Harp is a learning platform that welcomes with open arms ALL budding harpists on lap, lever or pedal harp. It is a course aimed at beginner harpists whatever their musical background, wherever they are based and on whatever type of harp they are able to purchase or hire. Start Harp aims make the harp more accessible to anyone who would like to experience playing and learning this beautiful and incredibly diverse musical instrument.
Being able to finance purchasing a harp can be difficult, as can finding a local teacher in your area with spaces available to teach. Or even if a teacher is available, fitting in lessons at a suitable time to work with your lifestyle can be difficult. Start Harp is a course designed specifically to enable beginner harpists to access harp teaching whatever your location or musical background, and accommodates learning harps of all different shapes and sizes including small lap/knee harps.
Shelley Fairplay says ‘I have met many a budding harpist over the years who has brought a small inexpensive lap harp to learn on, or had a beautiful instrument made by their partners, and then had the disappointment not being able to find teachers for this type of harp. This created a very strong passion in me to create a beginners course accessible for everyone. ‘
Start Harp Facts:
- Start Harp will be delivered in three separate levels, 1,2 and 3.
- Each module will be delivered over 12 weeks, with ten lesson weeks, one “catch up” week mid term and a review week at the end.
- The course materials can be accessed online at whatever time of the day suits the students lifestyle.
- The content is delivered in the form of video tutorials, reading materials and play along practice tracks.
- It is also optional for students to submit 6 pieces of homework and receive feedback from Shelley alongside attending 6 live Q and A webinars, where questions can be asked and answered live during the session.
- The live sessions are recorded and can be replayed at a students leisure.
- All students will be given access to a closed Facebook group where alongside Shelley all START HARP students can interact to share ideas, support each other through challenges and celebrate successes.
What does it cost?
£295 for each module – 50% discount for beta test