START HARP IMMERSION – Spiralling Shoots Lessons
A BETA test session for students who either taking or have already completed START HARP Level 1, 2 and/or 3.
This session ran live 3pm-5pm BST Sunday 29th April 2018, you can now sign up to received the recorded lessons!
When you sign up Shelley Fairplay will email you within 48 hours a link to the online classroom where you can access all the PDF sheet music and the video lessons.
This session works around the piece “Spiralling shoots”, which is also the tune START HARP students are invited to performa a the 7th National Botanic Garden of Wales Family Harp Weekend (30th June / 1st July 2018).
As well as learning the tune we:
- Play a warm up together at the beginning.
- Look at exercises related to the piece to focus in on tricky sections (everyday exercises!).
- Look at a special damping technique useful when playing ascending and descending sections in pieces.
- Practise some fun improvisation ideas that can be used to extend the piece.
- We will have a playing by ear challenge too!
You will have 12 months access to these videos. It is rather like one week of a START HARP 12 week course!
Full price START HARP IMMERSION will be £35. Keep an eye out for discount codes via my Facebook page and mailing list.