Online Short Course
Have you sorted your Christmas party piece?! If not join START HARP CHRISTMAS IMMERSION to help you prepare! In this short course which contains approximately 90 minutes of video training, we focus on ‘Ding Dong Merrily on High’ with sheet music, learn ‘Joy to the World’ by ear and take a peak at some ideas for Little Donkey, Silent Night, Oh Christmas Tree and The First Noel (lead sheets in the course). We also look at ways to make our glissandos sparkle in time for the festive season and of course look at technique, exercises and all warm up together! This course is similar to one week of the START HARP 12 week intensive online courses for beginner to intermediate harpists (Level 1, 2 and 3). Full details on https://startHarp.com.
In this short course we work on Traditional Christmas tunes:
- We play a warm up together at the beginning.
- Look at exercises related to the main pieces to focus in on tricky sections (Everyday Exercises).
- Look at a techniques for playing mid-piece glissandos.
- Learn the main tune ‘Ding Dong Merrily on High’
- Look at some improvisation ideas that can be used to extend the music.
- There are lead sheets for the additional 4 carols (Little Donkey, Silent Night, Oh Christmas Tree and The First Noel) so you can use the main ideas we work on with Ding Dong Merrily on High to build up the other pieces.
- We learn one tune by ear ‘Joy to the World’.